Tigran Khachatryan Performs Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique in Redmond, Washington
Gum recession breakthrough treatment also known as Pinhole Gum Rejuvenation™ and Lunchtime Gum Lift™
The Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique (PST®), invented and patented by John Chao, D.D.S., is a scalpel-free, suture-free procedure for treating gum recession.
This procedure is performed by making a small hole with a needle in the gum tissue. Using specially designed instruments, the gum tissue is loosened and guided over the receded part of the tooth. Since there is no incision or suturing, patients can expect minimal post-operative symptoms (pain, swelling and bleeding). Most patients also are pleasantly surprised by the instant cosmetic improvement.
To learn more about the Pinhole® Surgical Technique, please contact our office.
Call Today: (425) 558-9998
Before & After Gallery
In the News
Frequently Asked Questions
What is gum recession?
Gum recession refers to the loss of gum tissue along the gumline. This can occur as a result of periodontal disease (gingivitis, periodontitis, advanced periodontitis), the natural aging process, or abrasive habits when it comes to brushing the teeth.
Why should gum recession be taken seriously?
When gum recession occurs, the root structure of the tooth becomes exposed. This means that tooth decay and other problems can affect the teeth along the gumline and beneath it. Since healthy gums are essential for a healthy mouth, getting gum recession treated is important for lasting dental wellness.
What is Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique?
The Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique is a minimally invasive option for treating gum recession. Unlike traditional grafting techniques, PST is scalpel and suture free.
All of the tools and techniques used to perform the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique were created by Dr. John Chao.
How does Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique differ from traditional gum grafting?
Traditional gum recession treatments involve the use of donor tissue or soft tissue grafts in order to rebuild the gumline. This soft tissue would be sutured in place and would join with existing gum tissue as it healed. While this traditional grafting treatment is effective, comparable results with better patient experience can be achieved through the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique.
How is Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique performed?
During the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique, a needle is used to make a small hole in the patient's existing gum tissue. Through this pinhole, special instruments are used to gently loosen the gum tissue. These tools help expand and slide the gumline to cover the exposed root structure. There are no grafts, no sutures, and no incisions needed with the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique. It simply involves the adjustment of the existing tissue.
What are the benefits of Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique?
The benefits of the Chao Pinhole® Surgical Technique are many:
- Less Discomfort for the patient after treatment.
- Faster recovery for the patient than traditional grafting.
- No need for uncomfortable sutures.
- No need for scalpels or invasive surgical tools.
- No need to take donor tissue from the patients palate.
- Excellent, natural-looking, long-lasting results.
Meet Tigran Khachatryan, DDS
Certified Pinhole Surgical Technique Dentist Redmond, WA
Dr. Tigran grew up in the Bellevue, WA area. His family moved to the U.S. from Armenia in the early 1990's. He is a grandson of a famous composer in Armenia, so music and art have played a significant role in his life. He plays violin, saxophone and piano beautifully, as well as he also does beautiful wood carvings. In his youth, Dr. Tigran's parents didn't have to buy birthday gifts for friends and family. Everybody waited excitingly to receive the young artist's new creation of wood.
Dr. Tigran was seeded with the idea of becoming a doctor since his early childhood, with a large credit going to his parents steering him in the healthcare direction after failing at the attempt of trying to make Dr. Tigran a concert violinist.
One of the aspects that attracted Dr. Tigran to healthcare is that he enjoys interacting with people. His goal has always been to be able to know his patients personally instead of running from one mouth to another. His purpose is to provide the best possible care for his patients' physical needs, while making "your heart smile", which is as important, if not more, than the physical smile. In this age of ever evolving science, Dr. Tigran strives to provide the benefit of the latest scientific advances, while preventing his patients from becoming victims of the newest inventions.
As a person who strongly believes that we are amazingly created, Dr. Tigran does his best to be as conservative as possible with the 'sacred' enamel and dentin. At the same time, Dr. Tigran is excited that science has provided the opportunity to try to 'simulate' natural teeth through implants. Dr. Tigran personally believes that the dental field, through the means of replacing a single tooth, stabilizing dentures, or recreating full 'dentition' has the ability to change a person's life dramatically.
During his free time (which happens relatively rarely in this day and age), Dr. Tigran enjoys his wife, daughter, family and friends. Being in nature, God's creation, gives him the most enjoyment. He likes playing sports, although he recognizes that performing surgery may be difficult with a broken finger. Free time also gives him the ability to enjoy learning new skills in my career.
- University of Washington Bachelors of Science in Cell and Molecular Biology, 2001
- University of Washington School of Dentistry, which ranked 1st in the United States at clinical board examinations, 2005
- Faculty at the University of Washington School of Dentistry
- Faculty at Lake Washington Institute of Technology
- Training for Faculty in Advanced Implant Research and Education Center
- Completed Master Implant
- Program through Global Institute for Dental Education
- Advanced Implant Therapy Certificate
- A-Z in Implant Dentistry Certificate
- Esthetic Implant Therapy Certificate
- Edentulous Patient Certificate
- A-Z in restorative Implant Dentistry Certificate
- Bronze Award in Implant Dentistry from Nobel Biocare.
- Las Vegas Institute for Advanced Dental Studies provides the world's most leading edge, high technology training for the country's most talented dentists.
- Kois Center, LLC by Dr John Kois, provides a leading edge training experience for highly skilled dentists.
Further, Dr. Tigran is one of only a handful of Western Washington dentists to have been trained by LVI and Kois center at the same time. What this means to our clients is that Dr. Tigran can deliver the best possible technical and esthetic dentistry available today including beautiful all porcelain restorations that can replace and repair damaged or missing teeth to their original strength and beauty. His extensive post-graduate training in smile design and cosmetic dentistry has allowed Dr. Tigran to literally change people's lives by rejuvenating health and smiles.
He has also graduated from the world's leading orthodontic program Progressive Orthodontics: which uses the IPSoft™ orthodontic diagnostic software, the latest technology in orthodontics. Know what to expect at each phase of treatment before we even place a bracket. With step-by-step guidance and user-friendly tools, we can create optimal treatment plans for each patient. Predictable results made easy.
- Recognized as one of America's top Dentists 2009 by Consumer Research
- Awarded Best of Bellevue for Dentistry, 2012
Advanced Dental Training
- Pediatric ABCD certification
- Advanced Rotary Endodontic (root canal) training
- Completed training at Ladera Implant Institute
- Training in bone grafting and soft tissue grafting
- Surgical 3rd molar extractions
- Invisalign® Certified
- Vivaneers training (minimal prep veneers or no prep veneers)
- Gold onlay and inlay training in 2004 by world renowned gold specialist Dr Tucker and his son
- International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
- Holistic Dental Association